Friday, February 13, 2009

Contentment seems far off

I have been contemplating writing for many days now and finally got the chance to get here. There are many things I could write about.
I guess I am just frustrated regarding the choices some people make and then somehow drag myself and my family into. I really enjoy helping others out because of the satisfied feeling I get inside, but my flesh fights the good inside me more often than I would like to admit.

It also seems like I don't like to work as a nurse 'cause it makes me crabby (which I think is due to frustration with the situations), but even when I am not working I am crabby staying home with my kids. I am not content in my circumstances like Paul was when he said he has learned to be content...I have a long way to go. This is frustrating 'cause I thought I was doing really good. Boo. I do miss visiting people in their homes and would like to see some visits again soon.

On the plus side, I have been enjoying being a home body more and more 'cause taking several kids out is a daunting task and I seem to have endless things that need doing here at home.
I enjoy making meals for my family and working in crafts here. My kids and Tom need to learn to enjoy staying home yet.

1 comment:

DramaMama said...

We were just going over the story of Jacob and his wives...he worked 7 years for Rachel and got Leah! Then a week later he got Rachel but still had to work for 7 years!! Was he content? It sounds like it. He kept working. I don't think I would be content w/that! I'd RUN. Far away. Laban was nuts. Or smart, I guess. At any rate, sometimes when I hate doing housework, I try to think about that. Even after Jacob had Rachel he kept working for her. I have DW and I want to keep working for him. Well, not FOR him but for HIM. Does that make sense? True contentment is far off...it's in heaven. We always wonder if this one thing was different, would we be happier? Human nature sucks sometimes! I know what you mean when you said stuff always needs to be done around here! I should be doing dishes...meh...